THE DREAM
A group of us from the single adult ward were out at the Stake Center playing touch football. We were having so much fun that nobody noticed the storm clouds, or were paying attention to their phones. There was a yell for everyone to get inside. A tornado was on its way, tearing up the world and the stake center was smack dab in the middle of its path. I was in the back of the group. My friend Stephanie tripped. The wind and rain had already begun. It was hard to see where we were going. I stopped and went back to help her. She's a sweet person. I didn't want her to be out in the storm. She's smaller than me in height and frame. We had just gotten inside through a door when something heavy was flung our way. I pushed Stephanie out of the way. It's ingrained in me to help and keep others safe. The object hit my shoulder, shoving me forward. I hit the opposite wall, heard a weird crunch. There was so much pain. Lots of voices shouting. It was hard to tell what was a voice and what was the tornado.
(at this point I woke up from my sleep, thinking I had heard the sirens going off. IT was just the rain outside. )
-woke up in the storm shelter with the other YSA's. The storm shelter is a two room shelter with at least 10 or so steps leading down into the shelter. I don't remember getting down into the shelter. But I woke up feeling warm. Like someone had been holding me. When I opened my eyes I found GeoRock staring down at me. (You should remember GeoRock from the Hot Tub Chats). He was talking to someone. I couldn't help but stare at his mouth. Fascinating lips.
There was pain in my right shoulder. He wouldn't let me turn my head to see why I hurt. I could see Stephanie across from me. She looked like she was in pain. From what I could see, her ankle was wrapped up in cloth. I guessed she had sprained or twisted her ankle. Meredith was there. She saw I was awake. She was very cool, she kept her head and seemed to be in charge of the chaos downstairs. MormonFire was there. He also seemed to be in charge. From what I could make out he was checking the phones every 15 minutes to try to make a call. He would go up the steps, listen, try to make a phone call, then duck back down and report on the storm.
GeoRock said that my shoulder had been broken. Or something. I zoned out by this time. He was very warm and extremely comfy. I noticed as I was drifting in and out that the guys were stationed around so the girls were in the middle or the safest part of the shelter rooms. And if something happened, the guys would be the first hit.
I finally woke up to the real world by now. Weird and crazy dream. I wish that somehow GeoRock would notice me without that extreme scenario. Though my luck it wouldn't happen at all. (The cuddling part. not the tornado storm).
No comments:
Post a Comment