Holy Frak ladies an' gents. It's time for a round two of crazy fun. So hang onto your hats, shoes, carpet bags and bring a shot glass.....
It's a Party!!! No really. There was an "official" party (did I misspell? My bad. I've had... a mix of sodas and I'm kinda tipsy in the Mormon way. No. Not Mor-ON but Mor-MON) Anyways there was a party of jolly ment down in Norman, however a group of us decided to have a party elsewhere. Enter ModChamp's house.
Now for those who haven't seen "Sabrina" with Hepburn and Bogart in it.... the house kinda looks like....... well you just have to see the Movie to understand the feeling of going to Long Island with Bogart and Hepburn. Anyways 8 of us decide (it becomes 9 later) go to Pops.
To explain Pops...
It's a Soda attraction with a jaw dropping soda pop bottle statue. According to locals, at night it lights up. ^^ Pops has a selection of disturbing sodas, some naturally delicious and others that scare the innocent. My favorite is Lennonade. There's a Party in every bottle! I did not misspell. It happens to be the choice drink of the Soviet Russia. ^^
To give you an idea of the sodas..... here's a few that I recall:
Rocket Piss
Bacon
Buffalo Wing Soda
Lennonade
Dandilion and Burdock
Ranch dressing
Ginger Ale (Not to be confused with 'Ginger' ale)
Peanut Butter & Jelly
Pink Grapefruit (kinda looked like pink champagne)
....... You get the idea. Hmm.. you'd think that some of the drinks would be tasty right? Who doesn't love ranch dressing? or Buffalo Wing sauce. Try IT at Pops, then tell me if you like it anymore.
The list of those involved in purchasing the forementioned products:
BoHo
Busy Bee
ModChamp
Mormon Fire
Avenger
Myself
Unknown tag (M)
DDR
Unknown (F)
We picked up BoHo at Pops and returned for much drinking and partying. F.Y.I. If someone tells you, "Jump in, the water isn't cold." DO NOT LISTEN! I felt it was the Artic Ocean inside the pool. HOLY FRAK! I got into the hot tub as soon as possible. Cold doesn't even begin to cover how cold the water was. Then there was the confusion on the drop off cliff..... Did I mention a cliff in the pool? Yeah, it's where you're walking along and you don't even notice that you're not touching the bottom until your chin sinks under the surface and you're snorting chlorine. Yeah... not cool.
I am saddened to report that the Hot tub lacked in selective conversations tonight. Although the Mickey & Minnie couple were adorable in their mutual adoration.
OH! Before I forget, we did play "I have Never" with fingers instead of shots. It got down to the wire, between BusyBee and myself. Busy Bee nailed me with a Florida tag. Almost had it. Sneaky sneaky.
Now to the Extremely Juicy portion of the night. By this point the stakes were raised, players added into the mix. Some new, a few familiar... and cards were produced. The daring dangerous game of .......
GO FISH
was started, the loser had to take a shot of the chosen drink. At the table we had: the Banker, Shifty Eyes, ModChamp, Unknown (M), myself, DDR, Valiant, Avenger and Busy Bee. With a side bar of Deeks an' Kaysi. (Bonus points for the reference knowledge.) The most popular drink was Ranch dressing. According to Mormon Fire's description: Smells like burnt plastic and tastes like soap. Lucky me, I got through the whole game without tasting a drop. Score! The game started easy. Round two became the lightening round. Oh my gosh.
Bacon is a nasty flavor. Buffalo Wing soda is pretty darn close when it comes on the scale of nasty. I'd have to ask fellow players to rate the scale of tolerable to HOLY FRAK! to I'm doing to die. As soon as I reached home, I've brushed my teeth twice. Buffalo wing soda lingers in the back of your throat. The Ginger ale cleans out the palate but ugh. It's super strong. If you have sinus problems, I recommend the Giner ale.
The first shots had similiar reactions facial wise. The puckering of the lips, squinting of the eyes. In some cases, bulging of the cheeks and possible want to spew across the table but holding back. Valiant stood strong. He never once made a change of expression. "He's a Mormon who knows how to take shots". Interesting back story. Shall we find out the cause??? Maybe. So... moral of this tale? Popcorn doesn't erase the after taste of soda. Rocket Piss looks like gasoline, tastes horrid and shouldn't be sold on the market. You should never mix Bacon, Buffalo and Ranch dressing sodas together. Lemon lime soda tastes like Listerine with a spicy kick to it. Go Fish is a hilarious game of shots and cards and laughter. Great group of people. Wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:
Post a Comment