Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day 2013




Mother's day.

In the past I would dread this day because it meant that I didn't know what to give or do for my mom. For those of you who don't know.... my MOM was the best. I know all kids say that about their moms but I'm serious. I know what to do for my mom this year: Tell a story about her.

Mine was THE BEST.

Nancy Lee Abbott Caudle did more than any mom could do. She raised 7 kids on her own, (blood related), and plenty more she adopted along the way. She was THE mom that many kids at my high school and church would go to when they: needed a hug. needed someone to talk to. Needed someone who cared about them. Mom raised kittens and pups too. Elvis was her four legged child. That weiner dog loved Mom more than anyone else in the whole wide world.

Mom taught me to be compassionate, tactful(still a work in progress), kind, loving, respectful of those who deserve respect. She also taught me to rely on the men at church.

And that dark chocolate was the best kind of chocolate ever made.

During her seven month battle with cancer, Mom was ever cheerful. She would bear her testimony of Christ to any and all. To her doctors, her nurses. Even the volunteer workers at the entrance to the chemo center. I don't know if she was ever discouraged. If she was, I could never tell. Even while she was passing.... I could tell that she was happy. Happy to be going home to her daddy. Grandpa was there. Waiting for his baby girl to come to him. Bobka, her Polish grandmother was there. Waiting to bring her home.

Mama, You did good. Better than good. You did amazing. Happy Mother's day Mama. I love you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment