Friday, May 17, 2013

Hot Tub Chats


 As some of y'all know, I tend to observe people as one observes birds. I study their habits and facial expressions. Conversations are one of the keys to understanding how someone's mind works. For example, tonight I went to a birthday party for a new friend. Many happy thoughts to you....

In the hot tub however the train of thought flitted from one choice of topic to the other. At the beginning, there were six of us in the tub itself and one circling around. (He chose not to get into the water. *temp at the time was 96 degrees, bath water feels.

Two of the participants were talking about weight gained. (Not female). The two of them discussed how much they had lost and gained when being on a mission; and returning home. Somehow this chance conversation turned to car loans and how not to get loans from certain bank branches. I understand how the topic of banks could be talked about, especially the various ones out there.

One of the weight gainers is a trash sales man. (No. He doesn't sell trash. He sells trash containers. Dumpsters, etc.) Anyways he was talking about accidents with his rental car and normal driving vehicle which in turn changed to disposing of bodies. Several very active voices jumped into the thread by this point.

  • land dump
  • excess land where the bodies will never be found
  • woodchippers
My brain flipped a switch to Sweeny Todd. For those who know it.... watch out for the burgers. Those who don't.... (which may be a large portion of my readers... it's not for the faint hearted) 

Earlier in between car loans and rental cars, having dual cell phones was brought up. Being a "tool" was the nicest variation of fill in the blank mad lib we could come up with. "D-bag" is the lady like term. For those who are less than polite (douche bag). 

In the middle of this lively chat there was a distraction to the right of us, past the oddly shaped pool to a fence and beyond to a trampoline. Now referred to as "springs of death" (I might have gotten that wrong. I didn't quite hear what BoHo said. Seeing how someone broke the trampoline the topic of underground tramps were brought up. Apparently since California isn't stable enough for regulars, they make underground ones. To be honest I'm not a fan of tramps so I tuned them out in the middle of their discussion. 

Oil drilling and mineral rights of Native Americans made their appearance. Something about how when a drill goes down, if it drills past shale and encounters a hard surface the drill turns sideways and goes somewhere else. GeoRock was talking at this point. Shale is pretty but not interesting. Bubbles being formed caught my attention. The pool's fountain had been turned on. BoHo asked if we had broken the pool. I giggled. 

We broke into many small chats by now. John Wayne movies, Venezuela, large families, marriage, cars vs kids. To be honest by this point several more people had joined in. It was getting steamy. And not by the water other. I'd much rather prefer a hot tub which was actually hot. Although..... some of the male participants were rather dashing.

There was cake, ice cream, a movie and several hours of laughter and fun. I'm glad that I went. I'm super glad that the Birthday boy was happy and enjoyed himself. (If he hadn't, there would have been problems)

That's all folks.  Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Look forward to the next post..... ???? Mystery at.....

No comments:

Post a Comment