Thursday, July 18, 2013

Bombs -N- Bugs (Sorry I'm a bit late!)


HAPPY 4th of JULY


Just wanted y'all to know that.... Happy Independence day to all of the folks out there. It has been one crazy day huh? 

Holy freaking cow! What a day. Tonight the YSA's from the Oklahoma City Stake (both North and South) came together to celebrate this year's independence day. And boy... what a night! On a rough guesstimate (that means a guess of an estimate) I'd have to say close to 50+ people showed up. I honestly don't know. There were so many people, ysa's sister and elder missionaries.

Speaking of the missionaries... have you ever seen four elders play badminton? Better yet, do you even understand the rules of the game? or the game itself? I think I witnessed four elders playing this random game of rackets, a strung up net and batting a tiny plastic "birdie" over the net. Huh. Listen up peeps, birds have feathers. REAL feathers. Not that plastic fluff y'all think to call a feather. Anyways, it was hiliarious to watch them beat the "birdie" nearly to death while waiting for their chance at the food line.

OH. MY. GEE! FOOD! The Professor outdid himself on the BBQ pork (or so I am told. I don't eat the stuff myself [pork that is. I eat BBQ.] ) Except the fatty portions. But seriously, who likes to eat the fatty portions anyways? Um nobody. Heartful Hero's sweet cornbread was to die for. (I didn't get a nibble of that. I was distracted with Italian pasta salad...) Half Pint brought a delish treat for dessert! It looked so delish! 

A minor distraction was the lightning bugs. Haven't seen those since I was knee high to a cricket. I thought at first glance it was a glow stick or something. Then caught another one out of the corner of my eye. Awesome!!! While I was momentarily distracted, a group of nerds were discussing a game. "Werewolf" (apparently there is anothe game called "Mafia" and "werewolf" is "mafia on steroids"... ) I caught bits and pieces about a narrator, a werewolf pack, a trial and a witch that can either heal or kill. Huh. I'm sure my nerd friends can explain to me what exactly this game is about. It ended up not being played as the promise of fireworks were soon at hand.








No comments:

Post a Comment