Saints and Pioneers by the Central Saints Chorus presented a magnificent piece last night at the Oklahoma City North Stake Center. I attended the Saturday (July 13th) 7.30pm session. The only thing I can say at first was "Oh my gosh!" The men and women both in the chorus and the orchestra are truly extensions of the Lord's spirit. There was a soulful feeling in the air. I felt as though I were transported to the days of the Saints and Pioneers, I could almost see myself leaving my home because of religious persecution.
There was one young man in the chorus whom I see every week and I had no idea that his voice was that powerful. Thank you. Another man had the most beautiful tenor voice I have ever heard. His song he sang made my heart ache with love and dismay.
To insert a funny note, the conductor looked to be very enthused about his leading. He reminded me of that scene in Fantasia where Mickey Mouse was wearing the sorceror's hat and making the waves crash up against the rocky cliffs.
The musical pieces were hair raising and filled with the spirit. I looked around me to see those watching caught up in the Spirit. Seeing this warmed my heart.
One more thing that caused me great joy was to see Sign Language Interpreters. There were three of them. 1 on the right of the chapel (main worship room for the LDS church) and 2 on the right. The S.I. on the right acted as though it was her job, she had no enthusiasm at all. The other two of the left were far more passionate and enthusiastic in their parts.
The Central Saints Chorus' Orchestra..... FREAKING AMAZING! The percussion was O.O and came in at the correct parts to better capture the moment of the music.
"Come Come Ye Saints"
A FIVE STAR piece if I have ever heard of one.
There were a fair amount of attendees from the student ward.
- Modchamp
- Avenger
- GeoRock
- Heartful Hero
- The Professor
- Busybee
- Little Tenor
- Mormon Fire
- EMT
- Valiant
- 3 Musketeers
- Glitz
- Pebbles
(Myself of course)
In the orchestra Doc Gator had the best timing ever with the chimes (or bells as Valiant calls them). I haven't a clue about percussion but my gosh. That was the coolest thing I've ever heard with an orchestra.
Little Tenor's solo nearly made me cry. His soft spoken voice sounded like a plea to the heart.
The chapel and overflow were filled; the gym was three rows partially filled for the 7.30 showing.
the Main Narrator has a soothing voice. One that draws you into what is being told. Slowly but surely you are taken to a different world from where you currently sit.
"Take His Hand and He'll lead you safely back home." -- a line from one of the pieces sung. I felt it appropriate to share as many of us today feel lost and need a safe hand. Take God's hand. He will take you home.
S.I. (3) on the left was passionate with her signing. She put her heart, soul and body into explaining to those unable to hear what was being spoken or sung. "I love how she gets into it." -Valiant-
Kudos to the percussion section: y'all really drove the moment deeper into my heart.
S.I. (2) sang along with the choir as she signed.
All in all..... FIVE STARS for a rating. Eternal blessings upon those who participated in this concert. I feel truly blessed that I was able to attend and hear this performance. May the Central Saints Chorus and Orchestra have many many days of love and laughter forever in their lives.

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the performance. and very grateful for the babysitting which helped make it possible for us to participate.
ReplyDeleteYou are most welcome. The kind words are merely the truth in my own saying.
Delete