I met a few Roseville YSA's today at Stake conference. (*for my non church pals, YSA stands for young single adutls. It's a program geared towards those ages 18-30)
Cambria, Mallory, Michael and Ray were super nice. I can't wait to meet more tomorrow night at FHE. Super duper roller coaster looper! I can't wait! I'm super excited. From what I understood today, the Roseville YSA's are more accepting of newcomers than my old stake was. No offense guys, (actually I don't really care because I'm a blunt and honest individual) *sorry Mama. Tact isn't in my contract today*
We as the YSA's need to be open arms to ALL individuals and more accepting, no matter what their choices are. Let them express themselves how THEY want to. Do not shun them for being unique. I felt quite often that I was shunned back in my old stake because I chose to be unique. The vibe I got from the YSA's today was that my personality would be welcomed, encouraged even. This makes me so happy. No matter what I choose, they are open and accepting.
Thanks guys! Y'all are pretty darn amazing... (on my scale of pretty darn good and freaking amazing.... borderline to Freaking Amazing!)
Anyways, I'm doing quite well. It's only been a week here in California. Seems like a lifetime. So much to do and have done.
After church Brandon took me driving. A stick shift. O.o Yes. I made that face quite often while I shuddered my way across a parking lot. I have to admit, it wasn't too bad driving a stick. Not keen on it. I prefer an automatic but if needs be, at least I can shudder across a parking lot while driving. That reminds me, Mama used to drive many a car growing up. Stick, automatic, Model T and some English car too. So... if Mama can drive and REMEMBER which one drove what way.... then I can totally drive a stick. Just don't tell Brandon. :)
Cambria, Mallory, Michael and Ray were super nice. I can't wait to meet more tomorrow night at FHE. Super duper roller coaster looper! I can't wait! I'm super excited. From what I understood today, the Roseville YSA's are more accepting of newcomers than my old stake was. No offense guys, (actually I don't really care because I'm a blunt and honest individual) *sorry Mama. Tact isn't in my contract today*
We as the YSA's need to be open arms to ALL individuals and more accepting, no matter what their choices are. Let them express themselves how THEY want to. Do not shun them for being unique. I felt quite often that I was shunned back in my old stake because I chose to be unique. The vibe I got from the YSA's today was that my personality would be welcomed, encouraged even. This makes me so happy. No matter what I choose, they are open and accepting.
Thanks guys! Y'all are pretty darn amazing... (on my scale of pretty darn good and freaking amazing.... borderline to Freaking Amazing!)
Anyways, I'm doing quite well. It's only been a week here in California. Seems like a lifetime. So much to do and have done.
After church Brandon took me driving. A stick shift. O.o Yes. I made that face quite often while I shuddered my way across a parking lot. I have to admit, it wasn't too bad driving a stick. Not keen on it. I prefer an automatic but if needs be, at least I can shudder across a parking lot while driving. That reminds me, Mama used to drive many a car growing up. Stick, automatic, Model T and some English car too. So... if Mama can drive and REMEMBER which one drove what way.... then I can totally drive a stick. Just don't tell Brandon. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment