Sunday, December 21, 2014

End of the Year 2014

Whelp! What a year this has been. There have been ups and downs, twisted arounds. Friends lost and gained. Friendships pushed to the limits and somehow bounced back again to being somewhat normal. Anywho, recap of this year.

Jan: Not much happened. Spent a quiet birthday weekend down in Norman with my gal pals Maegan and Hannah. Bookworms and Vintage. Both ladies fabulous friends and full of passion and life! I must make it a better goal to talk to both.

Feb: Ghost came back to OKC from overseas. He's an interesting character. We barter chocolate over each other. Chocolate wars. I'm glad to have such an amazing opponent. I do believe it was less than a week since his return, that I ended up going boot shopping with him. Surprise surprise... he actually knows good boots.

March: Spent the first week in NYC. Brr! Got to meet a few online friends. Two out of three are still friends. Better yet..... I waited in line for close to 3 hours to get to the 86th floor of the ESB. (empire state bldg) and look out to the frigid cold of NYC. Whew! Don't go to the Big Apple in March. Brr! I also went to Yonkers, NY. My mum's birthplace.

April: I spent that month staying out of the bridezilla crosshairs. 'Nuff said.

May: Quiet month. Went to 2 Rene Faires and had a blast at both.

June: Start of Tornado season.... besides work, not much happened.

July: Work.

Aug: Went to Nauvoo at the end of the month. The car I was in.... we had a few mishaps and ended up making a 9 hr trip into 11 hrs. Got in around 5 am Sat morn. There's a HUGE list of things that were done and said... something about aliens and cows. Playing chicken on a one lane road at 2 in the morning....
Nauvoo. What a place. I went when I was 10. Went back 17 years later.... the temple has been built. It's a pretty place.

Sept: Not much happened.... (In all these months, I continued to work as a driver for OBI.)

Oct: Celebrated Mum's birthday with the missionaries. I made a round cake with corners. Don't ask. I don't think I could duplicate it. Mum would have been  73. I do hope that I make it that long.

Nov: Worked the holiday. Hols pay is nice. Got into a car wreck the first week of the month. Damn idiot hit me and one other poor sap. At first my car seemed to have shallow damage... that weekened it was dangerous to drive. So me car went into the shop, I got a dark blue Tardis colored car to drive for a few weeks... Roomie's mother arrived. (that was a trip) . Got my car for three days and promptly ended up in a rental the week of Thanksgiving.  But now my car's up to speed and great shape.

Dec: Because of the incidents of Nov, life has been put on hold this month. Not really going to celebrate the holiday. I didn't celebrate it last year either. I don't know why but Christmas now.... I get into a funk.

Best of wishes to all. That's my Recap of 2014. So far: None dead. None hospitalized.... I'm on my own just living life and working. Mostly working. Although I've gotten hints that I'm lonely and apparently in need of a man. Enh. Not going to rant this round. Tis a recap of my life this year. Happy Christmas mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment