Northlandz New Jersery
The world's largest model railroads
Wow! Yesterday was my first real day in New Jersey. I got happily kidnapped or collected, (depending on whom you asked) and was whisked off to Northlandz. It's the world's largest model railroad set. Holy cow! So much. The building doesn't look that big on the outside.... I was far impressed. I met the owner/builder "Bruce". He was filming for a news crew that entices people to come to Flemington. I took over 200+ photos of the railroads and set. There was so much to see!
There was a aeroplane going an on a loopity-loop with cotton piping and everything! It was soo cool looking! The texture of the backgrounds, with the hills, trees, roads, sands, river, etc.... I can tell that Bruce and co, put in alot of effort for building this attraction for tourists and locals to see.
Just look at the overlapping of railroads. It's so cool! The river is a blue-green effect that contrasts nicely with the harsh cool lighting as well as the warmer tones further on in the exhibit.
AH-HA! This plane was by far the coolest! At the right angle, it appears to be flying with a blast of light coming from the tailstream. Faster than the speed of light cool!
The river tends to change from blue to mostly green on this side. ^^^^^^^----- see the racecar! Totally out of character there!
These next few shots are different angles taken of various viewpoints. Check out the intricate layout of how each track seems to be on its own path. :)
I spotted an Abbey way before my friend Rob did. It was way cool! Perched up high on a mountaintop. I dare say, if that was set back in olden times.... being there would probably be an epic vantage point from enemies.
This one looks as if the Abbey is covered in the Fire of God!
All in All.... I had a fabulous time. Northlandz, I highly recommend going if you are ever in the neighborhood of Flemington NJ.
Me and my friend/ kidnapper/collector.. Rob (It all depends on whom you ask......)

















No comments:
Post a Comment